nanogui: Thread: True type font

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: True type font
From: "R" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Dec 2004 13:16:28 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to use Microwin with Truetype2 fonts.
I amusing the following code to create and select
some true type fonts. The function is returning a
valid hFont. But I am not able to see any text output.
If I use some other font, then I can see messages
like
"Cannot find <fontname > using system font"
 and the text is displayed using system font.

HFONT       InitializeFont(char* pFontName , HDC hdc)
{

  LOGFONT lf;
  HFONT   hFont;

  memset(&lf, 0, sizeof(LOGFONT));
  strcpy(lf.lfFaceName, pFontName);

  /* lf.lfHeight = -MulDiv(12, GetDeviceCaps(hdc, LOGPIXELSY), 72);*/
  lf.lfHeight = 12;
  lf.lfWeight = FW_BOLD;

  hFont = CreateFontIndirect( &lf );

  if (NULL == hFont) return NULL;