nanogui: Thread: Continuing .pcf font cratering nano-X

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Continuing .pcf font cratering nano-X
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2006 22:08:35 +0000

I am really needing to get this problem concerning ttf2bdf->bdftopcf
working without cratering nano-X and I know nothing about font file formats.

Here is what I have discovered so far running nano-X with DEBUG=Y and
under gdb.

Start nano-X under gdb and run app that tries to load .pcf.

nano-X output:

glyph_count = 374 (176)
def char 0 (0)
size 64512 byte1 0,251 byte2 0,255

gdb output:

0x0805da11 in pcf_createfont (
    name=0xbfff8278 "/home/tj/nano-X-src/testFontSize/luxisb.pcf",
    height=1, attr=0)
    at /home/tj/newNano-X/microwin/src/engine/font_pcf.c:635
635                     ((unsigned long *)pf->cfont->offset)[i] =
goffset[n];
(gdb) p i
$1 = 0
(gdb) p n
$2 = 65535
(gdb)

That n value looks a little suspicous...

If anybody wants I will gladly supply the .ttf, the .bdf and .pcf files.

tj