nanogui: Thread: fonts

[<<] [<] Page 3 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: fonts
From: "Dmitry Baryshev" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2008 16:22:36 -0000

: I converted all utf8 text strings into koi8-r. How to display them now
: properly ? AFAIU I need to load some external font with koi8-r support
: with GdCreateFont and set it somehow as default application font.

>Microwindows doesn't support koi8-r, you'll have to
add an encoder/decoder in engine/devfont.c::GdConvertEncoding
(I think), along with a new MWTF_KOI8R flag, and then
pass this to the MwExTextOut mod described below.

Ok, I'll try it.

:
: But when I tried to load koi8-r .pcf font taken from X11 distribution,
: my app segfaulted. Then I took pcf loader (font_pcf.c), PCF spec from
: fontforge documentation and found out that pcf loader from
: microwindows is totally broken. It won't read most of .pcf fonts from
: X11 distribution. it doesn't follow the spec in most cases where byte
: order is used.

>That's bad news.  Certainly the original PCF loader did comply,
but was buggy in other areas.  I've accepted other contributions
without going over them in detail, and now you're saying
it doesn't work at all... :(  I assume you're running the
latest CVS version, right?

No, I used microwindows-0.91.

>Please send the .pcf and .bdf file (if possible) for the font
you're finding crashes nano-X.

Ok, I 'll send some .pcf files tommorrow.

--
Subject: Re: [nanogui] Re: fonts
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2008 17:14:33 -0000

: >Please send the .pcf and .bdf file (if possible) for the font
: you're finding crashes nano-X.
:
: Ok, I 'll send some .pcf files tommorrow.

Don't send the files until you've tested with CVS version,
as this may fix your problem.  IIRC v0.91 didn't
support PCF endian issues but should now.

From: "Dmitry Baryshev" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jun 2008 11:02:39 -0000

Greg, I solved the problem with text displaying with loading truetype
font. It works with CVS version. But with CVS version I found another
problem: listboxes don't display text on items (I can select any item,
but there is no text label on it). The following code works in
mw-0.91, but not in CVS:

http://pastebin.org/43651

mdemo.c demo from CVS also uses listboxes and they don't display text
labels too.

--
Regards, Krasu.