nanogui: Thread: screenshots

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: screenshots
From: "Amit Kulkarni" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2001 14:37:33 -0000

hi,

How do i take the screenshots of applications in nano-X?
And how do i convert them to say jpeg or some known format?

Regards,
Amit Kulkarni

Visit me at http://www.amitkulkarni.com

Subject: Re: screenshots
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2001 14:59:06 -0000

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> How do i take the screenshots of applications in nano-X?

Press CTRL-P.

> And how do i convert them to say jpeg or some known format?

bin/makebmp file snap.bmp && cjpeg snap.bmp > snap.jpeg

: > How do i take the screenshots of applications in nano-X?
:
: Press CTRL-P.
:
: > And how do i convert them to say jpeg or some known format?
:
: bin/makebmp file snap.bmp && cjpeg snap.bmp > snap.jpeg

Note that the screenshot-handling code currently only works when
running framebuffer.  (src/engine/devopen.c@GdCaptureScreen)  With
some small mods, the src/driver/scr_x11 off-screen buffer could be
read instead, and this could work for X11.