nanogui: Thread: nano-X speed

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: nano-X speed
From: Fabrice Gautier ####@####.####
Date: 14 Feb 2002 02:07:29 -0000

Hi,
I'm using nano-X under X and I find it quite slow. For example a
GrMoveWindow for a 600x400 window - with no other overlapping window - takes
about 2sec.

Does it sounds normal, or is it because of the X backend ? Should I expect
better performance on a framebuffer ?

I should say that the X server is Exceed running on Windows 2000, on the
other side the linux machine is a PIII 800.

--
Fabrice Gautier,