nanogui: Thread: TIMERS

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: TIMERS
From: "Robbie" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2006 14:18:08 +0000

Hi,
What's the story on timers (GrCreateTimer, GrdestroyTimer,...)? Are they working? I see some FIXMEs but no documentation in TODO. I've use it (or try to use it) once before and it appeared to be doing something, but not any more. Is there a known problem with this section?
There is a dcumentation that there may be other timer event queued and the client must be able to handle late timer events. Is this something the app have to keep track of?
Thoughts?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Could someone briefly give me an overview of how the timer system works? I'm almost sure a timer is being created but it appears that the event is never fired, if GsTimerCB is indeed the timer callback.

thankx

> What's the story on timers (GrCreateTimer, GrdestroyTimer,...)? Are they
> working? I see some FIXMEs but no documentation in TODO. I've use it (or
> try to use it) once before and it appeared to be doing something, but not
> any more. Is there a known problem with this section?
> There is a dcumentation that there may be other timer event queued and the
> client must be able to handle late timer events. Is this something the app
> have to keep track of?
> Thoughts?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

> Could someone briefly give me an overview of how the timer system
> works? I'm almost sure a timer is being created but it appears that
> the event is never fired, if GsTimerCB is indeed the timer callback.

Have you looked at src/demos/nanox/oneshot.c, periodic.c, and the
other demos that use timers?

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/ ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer

Yes, I did. These examples are also not current (uses three args instead of two). Sometimes I'll get the event to fire but if it does it does so for the first 1 - 3 times then stops. Most of the time it doesn't fire at all.