nanogui: Thread: Problem with touch screen

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with touch screen
From: Rakesh ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2002 04:41:03 -0000

Hi,
I am working on strong arm based custom design board and i have written
a driver for touch screen. I am using linux 2.4.13 version. We are using
wm9705 chip for audio and touch screen. I have modified the ucb1x00_ts.c
for wm9705 chip. In microwindows i m using 0.89pre7 version. I have
selected mou_ipaq option for tiuch screen and TOUCHDEVICE i have
chaneged to "/dev/touch", as i am using touch as the device name in my
driver with major and minor no. 10 & 14 respectively. When I am running
any application, its open the device and when i touch the screen its
going iniside Read function and after that its
static int PD_Read(MWCOORD *px, MWCOORD *py, MWCOORD *pz, int *pb)
{
	/* read a data point */
	short data[4];
	int bytes_read;
	EPRINTF("\n\rInside PD_READ");

	bytes_read = read(pd_fd, data, 4 * sizeof(data));

	if (bytes_read != (4 * sizeof(data))) {
		if (errno == EINTR || errno == EAGAIN)
			return 0;
		/*
		 * kernel driver bug: select returns read available,
		 * but read returns -1
		 * we return 0 here to avoid GsError above
		 */
		/*return -1;*/
		return 0;
	}

	EPRINTF("\n\rAfter bytes_read");  //Its not reaching
here........................

	*px = (MWCOORD)data[1];
	*py = (MWCOORD)data[2];

	*pb = (data[0]>0 ? MWBUTTON_L : 0);

	*pz = 0;

	if(! *pb )
	  return 3;			/* only have button data */
	else
	  return 2;			/* have full set of data */
}

Can you pl help me out to sort out this problem.

Thanks & Regards........

Rakesh

You don't actually say what goes wrong, but looking at the code I guess it hangs or crashes?

> static int PD_Read(MWCOORD *px, MWCOORD *py, MWCOORD *pz, int *pb)
> {
>   /* read a data point */
>   short data[4];
>   int bytes_read;
>   EPRINTF("\n\rInside PD_READ");
>
>   bytes_read = read(pd_fd, data, 4 * sizeof(data));
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think you mean either "sizeof(data)" or "4 * sizeof(data[0])"?

>   if (bytes_read != (4 * sizeof(data))) {
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And again.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jon Foster

Its not crashing.... whenever i am touching the screen i am getting x, y
value which i am printing in kernel driver itself........And if i press
"cntl-C" i m coming back to root prompt. So it s not hanging........

####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi Rakesh,
>
> You don't actually say what goes wrong, but looking at the code I guess it hangs or crashes?
>
> > static int PD_Read(MWCOORD *px, MWCOORD *py, MWCOORD *pz, int *pb)
> > {
> >   /* read a data point */
> >   short data[4];
> >   int bytes_read;
> >   EPRINTF("\n\rInside PD_READ");
> >
> >   bytes_read = read(pd_fd, data, 4 * sizeof(data));
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think you mean either "sizeof(data)" or "4 * sizeof(data[0])"?

Sorry, it was a mistake, its
	bytes_read = read(pd_fd, data,  sizeof(data));

> >   if (bytes_read != (4 * sizeof(data))) {
>                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> And again.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,

so can u suggest me on this......

Thanks & Regards.......

Rakesh
> Jon Foster

Hi, Its not hanging or crashing, whenever i m touchinh the screen i am
getting x, y coordinate which i am \printing in the kernel driver code.

####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi Rakesh,
>
> You don't actually say what goes wrong, but looking at the code I guess it hangs or crashes?
>
> > static int PD_Read(MWCOORD *px, MWCOORD *py, MWCOORD *pz, int *pb)
> > {
> >   /* read a data point */
> >   short data[4];
> >   int bytes_read;
> >   EPRINTF("\n\rInside PD_READ");
> >
> >   bytes_read = read(pd_fd, data, 4 * sizeof(data));
>					^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its not 4 * size of(data) but only sizeof(data)

> I think you mean either "sizeof(data)" or "4 * sizeof(data[0])"?
>

> >   if (bytes_read != (4 * sizeof(data))) {
>                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> And again.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jon Foster

Thanks & Regards.......

Rakesh

From: Pierre Tardy ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2002 10:43:50 -0000

On Thu, 09 May 2002 15:15:50 +0700
Rakesh ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi,
> Its not crashing.... whenever i am touching the screen i am getting x, y
> value which i am printing in kernel driver itself........And if i press
> "cntl-C" i m coming back to root prompt. So it s not hanging........
Its not because it dont crash you dont have a bug :)

Then, please explain you problem..
As far as I've understood you have compiled the mou_ipaq with
gcc -o  testts -I../../include mou_ipaq.c
then have run your testts on your pda.
then, touching your pda print the right coordinates in the terminal.

then, you have commented the #define TEST in mou_ipaq.c
and compiled nanox with MOU_IPAQ on.

and nothing apend when touching the screen?

Pierre
--
c'est quoi ce quatre et ce huit, dans mon adresse email ???
From: "Zhang Guohui" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Dec 2002 06:23:16 -0000

when i port microwindow to the Motorola DBMX1,there is an error in touch screen driver
(I have selected "ADSMOUSE                 = Y" in config files)
Print "Error read asp buffer" in term.
what's wrong?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Dec 2002 18:28:03 -0000

: when i port microwindow to the Motorola DBMX1,there is an error in touch
screen driver
(I have selected "ADSMOUSE                 = Y" in config files)
Print "Error read asp buffer" in term.

I suspect this is the same problem that Jordan's talking
about: incorrect match for mwin driver and kernel.

From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 10 Dec 2002 18:42:24 -0000

Does the DBMX1 use the UCB1200 or UCB1300 analog converter chip?

From: "Robert S. Grimes" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Apr 2009 01:39:35 -0000

Hi,

I'm working with a board derived from the Freescale/LogicPD mcf5329
evaluation board, and using the microwindows-0.90 package which is
included in ltib-cf_nommu-20081215 from Freescale's web site.  In
addition to an earlier post regarding flicker, I'm also not getting the
touchscreen to work quite like I would expect.  Again, with the
launcher.sh demo app, I'm guessing that tapping on one of the icons
would bring up the associated demo app; of course, that doesn't happen.
However, when the screensaver takes over, when I then tap the screen,
the screensaver is terminated, and the normal display is redrawn.  So it
seems the touchscreen driver is working to some level, but perhaps it is
mis-configured in some way.  I know for sure that the Horizontal and
Vertical resolutions are set to 320 and 240 respectively, as is my LCD -
this is the correct configuration for my display.

Any ideas on what to check, or where to look?  I'm a bit stumped on
this, I'm afraid...

Thanks,
-Bob

Subject: Re: Problem with touchscreen
From: "Aaron J. Grier" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2009 17:44:01 -0000

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 09:39:32PM -0400, Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> I know for sure that the Horizontal and Vertical resolutions are set
> to 320 and 240 respectively, as is my LCD - this is the correct
> configuration for my display.
>
> Any ideas on what to check, or where to look?  I'm a bit stumped on
> this, I'm afraid...

can you run the test in demos/test and see if it gives sane values for
the pointer?  it might be a rotation issue.

as for the flickering display, I wonder if access to the LCD memory
isn't being properly handled by the framebuffer driver.  could you write
a small test that does memset() on the raw framebuffer to check?  is
there an ioctl() available for synchronization to the LCD?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | ####@####.####