nanogui: Thread: Which Freetype2 version to prefer?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Which Freetype2 version to prefer?
From: Daniel ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2010 09:13:49 -0000

It's pretty unclear which FT2 version works best with Nano-X. 2.3.5
seems tested, but which version has cache support? I guess caching
makes big differences?

Regards
Daniel
Subject: Re: [nanogui] Which Freetype2 version to prefer?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2010 14:23:07 -0000

: It's pretty unclear which FT2 version works best with Nano-X. 2.3.5
: seems tested, but which version has cache support? I guess caching
: makes big differences?

I have tested and working v2.3.9, but I don't think there's many
differences with 2.3.5.  Make sure you're running the git code,
as there's been quite a few mods made with Freetype in the last
few months.  Caching makes a  big difference, and finally
is working well with FT2.