nanogui: Thread: Re: libvncserver GPL license issue

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: libvncserver GPL license issue
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Apr 2010 17:42:58 -0000

> Does it affect the nanox MPL license if enable "HAVE_VNCSERVER_SUPPORT".
> E.g.: the demos will link with libvncserver.a

I don't think this affects the nano-X license per se, except, that
if in fact libvncserver is GPL rather than LGPL, then that
would require that all code linked also be GPL.  Nano-X
is dual licensed GPL/MPL, so it does not affect the license.

However, if you are using nano-X under MPL only, then likely
this option should not be set for your builds.  Note however
even with GPL option enforced strictly, this only affects the
source code of the demos linked with libvncserver, not
the nano-X server source (src/engine, src/drivers, src/nanox
and src/mwin).

If you would like, I can include a description of this issue in
the upcoming 0.92 release, so it is clear, as well as look
into exactly which demo source files are affected.

Thanks for pointing this out!