nanogui: Thread: New to Nano-X: Font problems

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: New to Nano-X: Font problems
From: Franco Benedetti ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2011 16:05:37 -0000

Hello all,
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this question. I started experimenting with nano-X last week but i had some trouble to display built in fonts.I've compiled the code using the "config.x11" configuration file removing the jpg and png support and i successfully run some of the test applications.After installing the libraries, headers and binaries i started to do some tests with the hello.c code found in the tutorial but when i run the compiled code all i have is a white window whatever the text is.I have tested it with and without the windows manager, and when i use the windows manager the title bar is also without text.I can only have some text written if I use a different font like "arial" or "times" but in this case the text appear in a black rectangle no matter which background color i set.After running my hello.c i noted that also the demos are without any text on the title bars and they never display the built in fonts.
What could cause this problems?
Thanks in advance (or sorry again if this is not the right place),
Franco Benedetti
Try compiling up the tree and running the various
src/*.sh demo shell scripts to see whether fonts
work.  Or is your issue just to do with adding internal
fonts to the system?