primax: SANE Backend

Subject: Re: SANE Backend
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2000 16:04:33 -0000

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 01:22:28AM +0100, C Hennessy wrote:
> If there is anybody, they do not seem to be in contact with this list.
I remember someone on this list wnating to make the driver give raw output,
this could be the first step towards a SANE driver. (simply a Meta-Backend)

Marco told me some time ago he was working on a SANE backend, but there seems
to be no contact with him anymore...

> > If not, I'd like to take your program and turn it into a SANE Backend.
> > However, I don't have any experience with writing Sane Backends, so it
> > may take some time...
It really seems to be very confusing (at least after I read the SANE docs..
.)

> I think that it should be possible to "massage" the current code so that
> it would be reusable simply as a library.
Well I thought of a Meta-backend which simply reads raw data which is produced
by the "real" backend (our program with added raw funcionality)

> Also I came accross another parallel port driver for sane which seems
> quite
> interesting : http://as6edriver.sourceforge.net/
hmmm... I'll have to check this out.

> > Or has anybody a good reason against a Sane Backend?
not really... but i haven't really understood the SANE stuff, yet ...

> If you decide to go ahead with this I would be interested in helping
> you.
ok. I think i can remember I've posted a quick and dirty guide about what h=
as
to be changed in the program to make it output raw data to this list.

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]