primax: scanning with primax compact 4800 flatbed

Subject: scanning with primax compact 4800 flatbed
From: ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jan 2002 03:25:46 -0000

ok,
still having a problem with this unit. changed out the scsi card (the old one was an ISA adaptor and didn't woprk very well).

I still get a problem trying to get a preview. the scanner behaves normally enough except that it won't scan more than the first inch (in preview mode) and then displays that inch enlessly in the preview window.

the config file call it a mustek 600 (which is pretty much what it it as far as primax was concerned).

the company (primax) has refused to send me any technical data claiming that the scanner was long out of circulation (discontinued) or simply won't respond to my e-mails for technical information.

now, I don't have the time or money to be trying to call their venter of operations in the netherlands. I just want the silly thing to work.

One additional problem I have, I live on limited funds (gov't stipend) because I am blind. that is one of the reasons why it is so important that I get this working. I don't want to have to go back to windows just to get it working (and pay out huge sums of money to re-acquire proprietary software to make windows "blind friendly").

I really would appreciate the help here.

thanks.

Get FREE email at http://www.qwestdexmail.com!