primax: Colorado D600

Subject: Re: Colorado d600
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 20 Feb 2002 13:04:36 -0000

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:03:50AM +0100, Michal Kostrzewa wrote:
> I had the same problem too, when I set up ECP+EPP i BIOS. When I set only EPP
> in BIOS everything was OK.
yes. some chipsets are aweful ,-(

> If it doesn't help, I suggest some patch in the source code which works for
> me even if I set ECP+EPP. In file lp.c from primax_scan-0.93beta3 around line
> 87, after

> -F option forcing EPP (cheating EPP checking). I think this is useful,
> because this is common problem, and setting only EPP in BIOS often makes
> scanning under window$ impossible (it needs ECP)
ok. please make sure you use the latest CVS version for development and simply
send the patches here or directly to me together with a little description.

> -L -S options which L)oads and S)aves callibration data which makes scanning
> much more faster (on my MM100 scanner at least)
I already got some calibibration saving patch, but as fas as I can see
it has no command line enhanchements. is calibration data saving
_really_ wanted by the folks?

Pleas tell us on this list. I'd don't really like this feature.

> I'm not a developer of The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X but
> if you or the developer team are interested in that patch I'll be glad to
> give it to you.
see above.

--
Christian Ordig