primax: Xsane -- Scan-mode is missing!

Subject: Re: Xsane -- Scan-mode is missing!
From: Graham Hay ####@####.####
Date: 27 Nov 2002 17:47:45 -0000

> HI Andre et al,,,
>
> Ok I fired up gimp and figured out how to make grayscale and clipart. BUT
> honestly doing this way is a real PIA. Being that my bulletin is printed only
>
> in b/w I have to change each picture one at a time. Under W$ I set a buttion
> and it's done as I scan in the picture. That's alot easyer. Linux will always
>
> have problems with people until this sort of thing is changed.
>
> Think on this. As long as I'm doing the scanning myself I'll do it the PIA
> way
> just because I don't like W$. But the moment I have to pay someone to scan in
>
> all the pictures (btw it takes me about a day to do all for one issue) Linux
> will be out the door. W$ is just quicker and as an employer I have to count
> pennies. This must change. You as the programmer must make it as easy as
> possible for the user.
>
> BTW thanks for what you've already done. Overall it's a great program. But
> don't stop now <G>.
>

> JIM

Exactly. You have to pay someone usually - and the folks giving you your
software like Andre are by and large doing it for the love of it, not for cash.

This is difficult stuff, it takes time, hard to find documentation, and
dedication. Maybe I misunderstood your tone but:

"This must change. You as the programmer must make it as easy as possible
for the user".

True, but you're not talking to paid tech support here. Worth keeping
in mind...

regards,
Graham