primax: Thread: Re: About 0.92a driver (Primax)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: About 0.92a driver (Primax)
From: ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2000 18:41:27 -0000

On 23-Jan-00 Francisco Hauva G. wrote:
> I have a Genius ColorPage Vivid+, Model Number FB308C, FCC ID EMJFB308C.
> The 0.92 driver is working Fine, but with TIFF Compression set to NONE.
> It was tested on a RedHat 6.1 system, with libtiff-devel-3.5.4-1. As it
> comes, the driver gave no tiff output, saying that LZW compression was
> unavailable, due to UNISYS patent issues, or something like that.
>
> I think that we should use other compression scheme, to avoid this
> situation.

well, which version of libtiff do you use?
I use libtiff-3.4.final-40 which comes with SuSE 6.2 and had no problems with it.
If you think about implementig something else, feel free to add a command line switch to
switch between LZW and uncompressed or something like that.
When implemented we'd be happy to get the diffs, so we can add it to the "official" version.

Thank you for telling about this problem.

spelled it.

---
Christian Ordig             | The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X |
Germany                     |   http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/   |
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and       |
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting   |
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.            |