primax: Thread: SCSI reverse-engineering?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: SCSI reverse-engineering?
From: Matthew Bloch ####@####.####
Date: 10 Sep 2000 18:33:17 -0000

Hi there; I've recently posted a msg in comp.periphs.scsi but wondered
whether the folk here might help me.  Having done some low-level SCSI work
before, under an emulator, I'd like to try reverse-engineering the
protocol of my Profi 9600.  The last time I did this, the SCSI layer was
emulated (on an Acorn RISC PC...), I had the source code, and could just
switch on debugging.  But now I've not got a RISC PC with a SCSI card
(though I might end up trying to track one down...) it's going to be
harder: could I get raw SCSI data dumps out of Wine?  Or is there a
Windows protocol analyser that would do the work?  Maybe a `pass-through'
ASPI driver which would pass commands backwards and forwards to a real
ASPI driver, and dump everything to a file in the meantime?  What's the
best way of going about this, as I'm finding it quite hard to come up with
any software...?

cheers,

--
Matthew       > http://www.soup-kitchen.net/