primax: Thread: Colorado 9600 USB

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Colorado 9600 USB
From: Beldaz Jalfrezi ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2000 10:38:54 -0000

Hi there,

I've only just subscribed, so please be kind ;)

After sending a long rant to Primax about their lack of Linux support
I found that you already had been supplied with information by them.
Never mind. Maybe further rants from other people may encourage them
to give you more support - perhaps even pay this development team...

Anyway, my reason for posting is that I was wondering whether you had
made any progress on the Colorado 9600 USB. I have one sitting in
front of me which hasn't been used since win95 died on me (again) last
month. I suspect that the USB issue means you haven't really
considered it, but perhaps the drivers don't differ much from other
scanners.

I'm not particularly experienced in programming anything as complex
as a driver, especially a scanner driver, but I would be interested
in helping out to some extent. Any suggestions how?

Many thanks,

Bryn
I also have a 9600 USB that does nothing right now :-/
And, like you, I'am not a very skilled programmer too :-/

Shall we start a club? ;-)

/Timmy

En adress för livet registrerar du på http://www.home.se/

> I've only just subscribed, so please be kind ;)
>
> After sending a long rant to Primax about their lack of Linux support
> I found that you already had been supplied with information by them.
> Never mind. Maybe further rants from other people may encourage them
> to give you more support - perhaps even pay this development team...
>
> Anyway, my reason for posting is that I was wondering whether you had
> made any progress on the Colorado 9600 USB. I have one sitting in
> front of me which hasn't been used since win95 died on me (again) last
> month. I suspect that the USB issue means you haven't really
> considered it, but perhaps the drivers don't differ much from other
> scanners.
>
> I'm not particularly experienced in programming anything as complex
> as a driver, especially a scanner driver, but I would be interested
> in helping out to some extent. Any suggestions how?

well the only USB scanner we got is the USB 19200...
we just have to understand and  make a parallel port driver for the E3 Chipset,
then we have to find out where low level protocol ends and where the higher level
protocol starts...

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.