primax: Thread: PXSCAN and the implementations...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: PXSCAN and the implementations...
From: Cederik ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2000 23:49:21 -0000

> You may simply add the code 44 to the section where
> we look for the
> scanner ID ... maybe it works.

Hi List...
	I have change (ADD) the code returned from my scanner
Genius Color Vivid Pro II, as the CODE 18, but still
not working... In fact if i connect, or not, the
scanner the response are the same, but with the
change... i hava a new message:

with pxscan -l on

 parse_options:
  lamp:                 on
  dimension:          0x  0 pixel
parse_options:       switching lamp
Probing port 0378
    SPP port present
    EPP 1.7

ASIC: 00
scanner model reg= 18

Model: Genius Color Vivid Pro II
port_ctrl= 4

FACTS:

 1) That message apears with and without scanner.
 2) If the scanner is present nothing happens.
 3) If the scanner is not present nothing happens.
 4) If i run the pxscan with no options nothing
happens     but never return to the shell... (until
CTRL-C).

Ideas please... :-D

Regards

CD

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 05:52:17PM -0600, Cederik De wrote:
> ASIC: 00
        ^^ here is where the problem is. It should be E3 (as the ASIC should
	   be called for the driver to work)

> scanner model reg= 18
hmmm... this also comes if you haven't connected your scanner? So it cannot
be the model ID ...

OK... I'd suggest opening the scanner's case and comparing the ICs found
in your scanner with those found in the "Parts" section of our project's
page. If they match the parts of the D9600 it should theoretically work.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OPENING YOUR
            SCANNER! PLEASE ONLY DO IT IF YOU THINK YOU COULD COPE WITH A
	    SKREWDRIVER!

PS: please answer also to the list ... I am subscribed there and getting every
    mail twice is quite annoying. Thanks.

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
Subject: Re: PXSCAN and the implementations...
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2000 14:34:38 -0000