primax: Thread: scanner Storm Totalscan

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: scanner Storm Totalscan
From: "loris gava" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2000 21:36:07 -0000

Hello I am a newbie of Linux and I have a Mandrake 7.1 distribution.
I have a parallel scanner Storm Totalscan. I try to install the
primax_scan-0.93beta3 driver but if I launch the executable primax_scan
without parameters the system answer : Errore di virgola mobile (core
dumped), instead if I specifie some parameters the answer is: can not
identfy the scanner: code 44. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 09:39:08PM +0000, loris gava wrote:
> Hello I am a newbie of Linux and I have a Mandrake 7.1 distribution.
> I have a parallel scanner Storm Totalscan. I try to install the
> primax_scan-0.93beta3 driver but if I launch the executable primax_scan
> without parameters the system answer :

> Errore di virgola mobile
what is this in English pleaese? SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault)?

> (core
> dumped), instead if I specifie some parameters the answer is: can not
> identfy the scanner: code 44. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
Seems your scanner identifies itself as something other...

You may simply add the code 44 to the section where we look for the
scanner ID ... maybe it works.

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: "loris gava" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2000 13:48:08 -0000

>From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
>To: ####@####.####
>Subject: Re: scanner Storm Totalscan
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:08:26 +0100
>
>On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 09:39:08PM +0000, loris gava wrote:
> > Hello I am a newbie of Linux and I have a Mandrake 7.1 distribution.
> > I have a parallel scanner Storm Totalscan. I try to install the
> > primax_scan-0.93beta3 driver but if I launch the executable primax_scan
> > without parameters the system answer :
>
> > Errore di virgola mobile
>what is this in English pleaese? SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault)?

Errore di virgola mobile = floating point error

> > (core
> > dumped), instead if I specifie some parameters the answer is: can not
> > identfy the scanner: code 44. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
>Seems your scanner identifies itself as something other...
>
>You may simply add the code 44 to the section where we look for the
>scanner ID ... maybe it works.

Ehmm.....wich is the section for the scanner ID? (I'm a very newbie). Thanks

Subject: Fwd: Re: scanner Storm Totalscan
From: "loris gava" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2000 11:32:42 -0000