primax: Thread: USB Support - 2.2.18 Released

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: USB Support - 2.2.18 Released
From: Steven ####@####.####
Date: 12 Dec 2000 03:39:53 -0000

Now that 2.2.18 has been released to the masses and we
have USB support in a stable kernel it is time to get
moving on those USB drivers.

Has anyone had a look at the IBM Ideascan driver and
seen if it will work on the Primax or Genius USB
scanners?

It would be a wonderful Christmas present to finally
get an image out of the scanner under Linux.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

####@####.####

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 03:42:28AM +0000, Steven Ellis wrote:

> Now that 2.2.18 has been released to the masses and we
> have USB support in a stable kernel it is time to get
> moving on those USB drivers.
>
> Has anyone had a look at the IBM Ideascan driver and
> seen if it will work on the Primax or Genius USB
> scanners?
>
> It would be a wonderful Christmas present to finally
> get an image out of the scanner under Linux.
I've found an URL in my mail archive for the Visioneer 8600 USB
(E4 ASIC by Primax): (it's by KW Lee)

http://www.littlecms.com/iphoto/otlinux.htm

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
Subject: Re: USB Support - 2.2.18 Released
From: Bryn Jeffries ####@####.####
Date: 12 Dec 2000 15:44:11 -0000

I think there's mention somewhere back in the archive about this. The
Primax scanners often don't use one of the available lines, but the
USB drivers expect something on them, and so complain. This was
certainly the problem with the USB 9600. Unless we can find out more
about how primax specifically deals with USB its going to be
difficult...