primax: Thread: primax_scan-0.93-beta3

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: primax_scan-0.93-beta3
From: Antonio Carlos Ribeiro Nogueira ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jun 2001 13:12:36 -0000

Dear friends,

I hope you may help me. I am trying to install primax_scan-0.93-beta3 in
my computer running under Linux-Mandrake 8.0. Well when I send the
./configure comand it works properly, but I guess that it don't find
something, because it sends two messages:
checking for TIFFSetField in -ltiff.... (cached) no
checking for TIFFSetField in -lz.... (cached) no

But when I give "make" or "make install", it stops and writes:
primax_scan.c:32:20: tiffio.h: File or Directory not found

I already have instaleed the following libs and softwares which I think
ther are importants:

libsane1-1.0.4-2mdk
sane-1.0.4-2mdk
xsane-0.78-1mdk
libtiff3-3.5.5-7mdk

Note: all this software and libs were installed with rpm way. I have
128Mb of RAM memory, 32Mb of video memory, more than 2GB of free space
in my HD. The processor is a Pentium III and the video card is a Diamond
Viper II.

But I don't know where to find the tiffio.h file. I try to find it with
whereis or find / -name tiffio.h and I don't find it.

May you help me?

Sincerely

Antonio Carlos
> my computer running under Linux-Mandrake 8.0. Well when I send the
> ./configure comand it works properly, but I guess that it don't find
> checking for TIFFSetField in -ltiff.... (cached) no
> checking for TIFFSetField in -lz.... (cached) no
>
> But when I give "make" or "make install", it stops and writes:
> primax_scan.c:32:20: tiffio.h: File or Directory not found
>
> libsane1-1.0.4-2mdk
> sane-1.0.4-2mdk
> xsane-0.78-1mdk
> libtiff3-3.5.5-7mdk

The most important here is libtiff. As you told that you are using
Mandrake, I assume that you are using also rpm. So you need
libtiff-xx package, and also the libtiff-devel-xx, this where you'll find
the include file (tiffio.h).

> But I don't know where to find the tiffio.h file. I try to find it with
> whereis or find / -name tiffio.h and I don't find it.

Le'me know if you get success.

Saudacoes,
   Ricardo's:>

> The most important here is libtiff. As you told that you are using
> Mandrake, I assume that you are using also rpm. So you need
> libtiff-xx package, and also the libtiff-devel-xx, this where you'll find
> the include file (tiffio.h).
the libtiff-devel coming with mandrake seems to be broken ... even after
installing the devel package there's no TIFFSetField...
I tried compiling the primax_scan with libtiff 3.5.4 coming with Debian
Potato and everything is fine.

--
Christian Ordig
Germany