primax: Thread: scanning with lamp=off

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: scanning with lamp=off
From: Wolfgang Funke ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2001 11:12:10 -0000

Hi,

I'm successfully using primax_scan-0.93beta3 with a D300/600. I love the
feature to scan without calibration after having done it once (-o). Once
you have assembled your ugly command line, scanning a whole stack of
photos is done faster with primax_scan than with any other tool.

Now I want to scan slides and negatives. This means to scan with the lamp
switched off using an external light source. The command line switches
don't allow this. So I tried with some code changes. But during scan the
lamp always is switched on. I don't understand the commands sent do the
LPT port. Is there anybody out there who can help me with this
!g%!nfz(%#*! commands? Or is this 'feature' caused by the scanner hardware
and the lamp has to be disconnected with a (real) switch?

Regards,
  Wolfgang

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:11:50PM +0200, Wolfgang Funke wrote:
> Now I want to scan slides and negatives. This means to scan with the lamp
> switched off using an external light source. The command line switches
> don't allow this. So I tried with some code changes. But during scan the
> lamp always is switched on. I don't understand the commands sent do the
> LPT port. Is there anybody out there who can help me with this
> !g%!nfz(%#*! commands? Or is this 'feature' caused by the scanner hardware
> and the lamp has to be disconnected with a (real) switch?
you should check all writes to Scanner register 0x06
Bit 5 should be off there in order to have the lamp off.
in primax_scan.c line 623 changing the 0xbd to 0x9d could help, but I
haven't tested it.
Besides the other changes which are ovious.

Good luck.