primax: Thread: need help with visioneer 5300

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: need help with visioneer 5300
From: Peter Jay Salzman ####@####.####
Date: 30 Sep 2001 17:37:10 -0000

some websurfing turned up that my girlfriend's visioneer 5300
works under linux using the primax driver.

she made and installed the driver, but we're having little success getting
the driver to work with this scanner.  example:

	# ./primax_scan -l on
	Can not identify this scanner. code: 7f

any clues what 7f is?  when i actually run the driver,

	# ./primax_scan -C 0

it generates a tif file, but the scanner doesn't actually scan anything (the
resulting tif file is grey with a few color streaks here and there).

anyone have any clues how i should procede?

anyone have a visioneer 5300?

or was my information about the scanner working with the primax driver wrong?

thank you!

pete
                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002