primax: Thread: problems with primax compact 4800

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: problems with primax compact 4800
From: Technomage ####@####.####
Date: 17 Nov 2001 13:35:53 -0000

ok,
a brief description of the problem.
the scanner is detected under mandrake 8.1 on a symbios isa
scsi-adaptor.
system reports it as model: scanner" firmware rev.: 2.03

now, the only backend I have been able to get to work with this is a
MUSTEK
600S. However, there's the rub. I cannot scan more than the first inch
of anything I stick in. it stops at that point, period.

I have been unable to find any information that will allow me to change
this.
xsane works with it, but it won't scan beyond the first 1 inch no matter
how
I configure it.

History of the device:
I recieved this scanner direct from the primax company of taiwan in
1997.
at the time, it was their newest model. within 1 year, primax had been
sold
to storm technologies (whcih no longer supported the device). repeated
attempts
to gain information on the internal workings of the device failed.

I have spent the last 9 hours on this and cannot report making it work
more than the first inch, period.

xsane tried to acquire a preview. its clear for the first 3/4 of an inch
(in what appears to be 4800 dpi mode) and then the display repeats that
with a large strip of garbage after the initally scanned area.

every attemopt to correct this has failed.

in other words: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Technomage

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6