primax: Thread: Colorado 19200 USB

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Colorado 19200 USB
From: "Kai-Uwe Jarius" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jan 2001 20:53:53 -0000

Hello,

I got a Primax Colorado 19200 USB. And I remeber that someone
needs a list of the Chips inside? If this still matters, please ask me
and I will show what I can find.

Ciao
    Kai J

Subject: Re: Colorado 19200 USB
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jan 2001 00:35:18 -0000

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:59:48PM +0100, Kai-Uwe Jarius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got a Primax Colorado 19200 USB. And I remeber that someone
> needs a list of the Chips inside? If this still matters, please ask me
> and I will show what I can find.
yes, so I could add them to our parts table.

Thanks

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: Patrik Johansson ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jan 2001 07:18:55 -0000

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Christian Ordig wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:59:48PM +0100, Kai-Uwe Jarius wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got a Primax Colorado 19200 USB. And I remeber that someone
> > needs a list of the Chips inside? If this still matters, please ask me
> > and I will show what I can find.
> yes, so I could add them to our parts table.

Add this also:

IBM Ideascan 2000

ASIC: EICI119600
ADC: 8143-12C
Other Primax: EICI132800

I can check for the other values next time i open it up.

/Patrik Johansson

From: Jon Evans ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jan 2001 21:04:27 -0000

Hi,

On Friday 19 January 2001 12:45 am, you wrote:

> > On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:59:48PM +0100, Kai-Uwe Jarius wrote:
> > I got a Primax Colorado 19200 USB. And I remeber that someone
> > needs a list of the Chips inside? If this still matters, please ask me
> > and I will show what I can find.
>
> yes, so I could add them to our parts table.

I opened up my 19200 a couple of weeks ago, and posted the parts list to this
list.  I can dig out the mail again, it will save Kai-Uwe from having to
dismantle his 19200.

Hang on, here's the list:
Main ASIC:      EICI093900
Secondary ASIC: EICI125700
RAM (?):        EliteMT 72MHz
                 M113416256A
                   AZM3W36
ADC:            WM8114-12C

Jon.
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2001 00:08:31 -0000

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 08:22:50AM +0100, Patrik Johansson wrote:
> IBM Ideascan 2000
>
> ASIC: EICI119600
> ADC: 8143-12C
> Other Primax: EICI132800
These are the parts my Primax Colorado D9600 has. Is the IBM Ideascan 2000
parallel port or USB?
If it's parallel port you can use the driver made by Gustaf Kroling.

From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2001 00:49:04 -0000

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:06:46PM +0000, Jon Evans wrote:

> ADC:            WM8114-12C
Are you sure about the ADC? We only saw the WM8143-12C so far.

From: Jon Evans ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2001 11:07:44 -0000

Hi,

On Sunday 21 January 2001 00:59, Christian Ordig wrote:

> > On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:06:46PM +0000, Jon Evans wrote:
> > ADC:            WM8114-12C
>
> Are you sure about the ADC? We only saw the WM8143-12C so far.

Yes, you are right.  I've just taken it apart again to check.  I must have
transcribed it incorrectly.

I have the circuit board in front of me now, so I'm going to eneter the
details again to double check them.

ASIC:
EICI093900
9917E

Another ASIC:
EICI125700

RAM (?):
EliteMT  72MHz
M11B416256A -35J
AZM3W36     9920

ADC:
WM8143-12C
94AZLCD

Stepper motor interface (?):
74HC1640

Stepper motor interface (?):
ULN2003A

(The last two are very hard to read because they are tiny).

Hope this clears it up a bit,

Jon.
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2001 12:43:56 -0000

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 11:10:00AM +0000, Jon Evans wrote:
> ADC:
> WM8143-12C
> 94AZLCD
>
> (The last two are very hard to read because they are tiny).
>
> Hope this clears it up a bit,
ok. I've changed the stuff in the part numbers table.

There seem to be 2 different ASICs representing the E3 and they seem to be
compatible so far: The EICI119600 and the EICI093900.

--
Christian Ordig
Germany
From: "Kai-Uwe Jarius" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jan 2001 18:31:03 -0000

These are my chips inside of my Primax Colorado USB 19200

I've copied all chips, because I can not do anything with it.

EICI 11960
F99240460
---------------
WM8143-12C
98ALCD
---------------
9BAL7 (5 or S) T
ULN2003A
---------------
TL74HC164D
    C6748ME
Hnn9935B
---------------
TMTEC 100MHz 9922
UA3Q62V T224162B-28J
---------------
EIC 1125700
---------------
Board-label:
EPCBOL1100-3

From: Steven ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2001 19:53:21 -0000

Perhaps someone can explain which chipsets are E3 and
which are E4. I have noticed that the One Touch driver
supports E4 chipsets and the WM8143 ADC. Can this be
enhanced to support the E3 chipsets with the same ADC
which would give support to a whole range of scanners?

Also has anyone got the chipset list for the visoneer
One Touch range of scanners so we can perform a
comparison.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing