primax: Thread: driver compilation problem: configure

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: driver compilation problem: configure
From: Andrea Freddo ####@####.####
Date: 20 Oct 2002 08:53:01 -0000
Hello everybody,
I try to compile the "primaxd-0.5" driver (and even the last beta version
0.9) with distro Mandrake 8.1, but the configure command presents these
problems:

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Why the make file is not generated?
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance and sorry .... I'm a Linux beginner ...
On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 10:50:57AM +0200, Andrea Freddo wrote:
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
all the auto* tools are missing. Install them. make might also
be missing. if it is, please install it.

> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
You don't have a CC (C Compiler) installed. Please do it.

> Why the make file is not generated?
missing automake/autoconf

--
Christian Ordig
Germany

From: Simo Sorce ####@####.####
Date: 20 Oct 2002 11:34:03 -0000

Andrea, please install the -devel marked packages of your distribution
for C language.
Also install gcc, automake, autoconf, ecc ...

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 10:50, Andrea Freddo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I try to compile the "primaxd-0.5" driver (and even the last beta version
> 0.9) with distro Mandrake 8.1, but the configure command presents these
> problems:

> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... found
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> Why the make file is not generated?
> Can you help me?
> Thanks in advance and sorry .... I'm a Linux beginner ...

Simo Sorce - ####@####.####
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: ####@####.####
Date: 20 Oct 2002 11:46:20 -0000

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Andrea Freddo wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I try to compile the "primaxd-0.5" driver (and even the last beta version
> 0.9) with distro Mandrake 8.1, but the configure command presents these
> problems:
>
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

If you want to compile a program, you must have a compiler installed on
your system.

As root, from a console, do:

urpmi gcc

and urpmi will ask you for the appropriate instalatin CD from which to
install gcc.

--
Michele Alzetta