primax: Thread: Thanks! and new question!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Thanks! and new question!
From: James Hatridge ####@####.####
Date: 24 Nov 2002 18:07:43 -0000

Hi all....

Thanks to Andre for the file he sent me. I found the problem with the d/l just
after I emailed the list. I upgraded my system last week to SuSE 8.1. I had
forgot to fix netscape. For some reason it d/l zip files in a screwy way.
Every time I upgrade netscrape I have to change this. <G>

Anyway, I now have my MM-100 scanner WORKING under Linux! This is great, one
less thing I have to use M$ for!

My new (and improved!) question is:::: Using Xsane how do I get grayscale
pictures? Also how do I get clipart scans (ie 1bit B/W) ? I do a bulletin
useing grayscale pics and lots of clipart. I print it using a B/W laser
printer and can not use color only grayscale & B/W. OH a thought is there a
better software than Xsane for grayscale etc?

Thanks

JIM
--
Jim Hatridge