primax: Thread: Colorado 19200 USB

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Colorado 19200 USB
From: Steven ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2001 19:58:07 -0000

> Add this also:
>
> IBM Ideascan 2000
>
> ASIC: EICI119600
> ADC: 8143-12C
> Other Primax: EICI132800

Hmm.. Pretty much the same parts as my genius vivid
pro usb scanner.. Couldn't get the ideascan
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ideascan) driver to
work last time I tried. Time for another go.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

####@####.####

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 07:57:24PM +0000, Steven Ellis wrote:

> Perhaps someone can explain which chipsets are E3 and
> which are E4. I have noticed that the One Touch driver
> supports E4 chipsets and the WM8143 ADC. Can this be
> enhanced to support the E3 chipsets with the same ADC
> which would give support to a whole range of scanners?
No I don't think so, as far as I have heard they are quite different.
E4 uses JPEG compressed data to transfer the image to the computer.
(Why the hell should one use JPEG compressed data to transfer scanned
images, btw.?)

> Also has anyone got the chipset list for the visoneer
> One Touch range of scanners so we can perform a
> comparison.
This would be really Great.

There are 2 flavors of the E3 ASIC look into the parts table and search for the
D9600 and you can see 2 different main ASICs there. Both are E3.
I don't really know the part numbers of the E1 ASIC which is quite
different and older.

The Primax Colorado Direct (D300) uses a fully different ASIC which is
also quite older.

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: Steven ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2001 20:04:38 -0000

Looking at the One Touch driver it appears to be based
on code that would support E1 -> E4 Chipsets but only
the e4.cpp code has been included. If we could
get/write the appropriate e3.cpp code we would be most
of the way there.

--- Christian Ordig ####@####.#### wrote: > On

=====

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 08:08:38PM +0000, Steven Ellis wrote:

> Looking at the One Touch driver it appears to be based
> on code that would support E1 -> E4 Chipsets but only
> the e4.cpp code has been included. If we could
> get/write the appropriate e3.cpp code we would be most
> of the way there.
Hmmm... haven't looked thru the E4 driver, yet.

--

Subject: Colorado 19200 usb
From: Alexis ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2002 21:47:47 -0000

I have been trying to use one of these with the patches from Steven Ellis,
but my scanner.c won't recognise the scanner.  Has anyone got one a 19200 usb
to work?  How did you do it?

Tia,
--
Alexis
Registered Linux User 276336.  The Penguin Rocks.