primax: Thread: EPP problem with Colorado D600 36bits

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: EPP problem with Colorado D600 36bits
From: Albert Vilella Bertran ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jan 2003 18:54:43 -0000

Hi,

I own a Colorado D600 36bits, and I can't get the drivers work.

When I run:

[root] primax-scan -l on

I immediately receive an:

Port 378 is switched to EPP-Mode

:-(
Scanner did not switch to EPP mode.....not compatible?

The same after applying the patch for the (F)orce option and running:

[root] primax-scan -F -l on

Port 378 is switched to EPP-Mode

:-(
Scanner did not switch to EPP mode.....not compatible?

And finally, the same after changing the table for transfer function
(36bits to 24bits):

/* resolution of scanner */
#define RESOLUTION 600 // dpi

/* table for transfer function, 36 Bit to 24 Bit */
#define color_table_size 0x1000 // 12 Bit form ADC

I have tried all the options I have in the BIOS:

EPP 1.7
EPP 1.9
ECP-EPP
...SPP

I have read most of the mails concerning EPP problems in the
mailing-list, but no way to solve if for the moment.

Any guess of what might be happening?
Any other kind of info that might be useful to post?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:43:58PM +0100, Albert Vilella Bertran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I own a Colorado D600 36bits, and I can't get the drivers work.
which drivers? "primax_scan" is for 30Bit scanners only. The D600 36Bit
has a different ASIC.

> When I run:
>
> [root] primax-scan -l on
>
> I immediately receive an:
>

> Port 378 is switched to EPP-Mode
ok
> :-(
> Scanner did not switch to EPP mode.....not compatible?
just what it says ... not compatible.

> The same after applying the patch for the (F)orce option and running:
>
> [root] primax-scan -F -l on
this is only for supporting buggy parallel ports, not for supporting
unsupported scanners.

> Port 378 is switched to EPP-Mode
still true ... just what it does before already.

--
Christian Ordig
Germany

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]