primax: Thread: Who knows this chipset?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Who knows this chipset?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 2 Apr 2003 08:19:57 -0000

Hi,

for my Scanner sold by ALDI in Germany, (Tevion MD 6228 aka Medion
5345), I found the following Information:

Vendor ID: 0x0461 (Primax)
Product ID: 0x0377 (USB Scanner)

It seems to be a re-labeled Primax device.
Neither at www.primax.nl nor at Visioneer there seems to be Information
about this one.
I do not know which chipset it has or what could be its related model
name at Primax or Visioneer.
After opening it, I found 3 larger ICs on the board:

The first is the DRAM: M11B416256A (I found Information on this one on
the net)
The second is the stepper motor controller: L6219DS. This is also
verified to be true.
The third one I could not identify. It is the largest of the three and
has pins on all four sides. There are two lines of numbers on it:
The first row reads: 610800009609
The second row reads: 0252FG79A

Does anyone know this chipset? Is it possible that it works with the
primax (viceo) sane backend or pxscan? What other driver could I try?
Thanks,
Mirko