primax: Thread: Phodox UltraScan 300 - doesn't work?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Phodox UltraScan 300 - doesn't work?
From: Miernik ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 2004 10:26:16 +0100

I have a Primax Phodox UltraScan 300 scanner which I want to use under
GNU/Linux. This scanner is similar to Colorado Direct I think.

On the CD with drivers for some non-libre OS probably, there is written:

UltraScan 300
Colorado Direct
Colorado D600

On the bottom of the scanner there is:
PRIMAX ELECTRONICS LTD.
MODEL NO: FB305C

Part numbers for the http://primax.sourceforge.net/part_numbers.html
page:

model:          UltraScan 300
central ASIC:   EICI 072100
ADC:            LM9801CCV
memory:         EK68512J-15
line buffer:    7A46 HC04   and?  74HC320
motor:          62003F

Looks like everything except central ASIC and line buffer is the same as
in D300.

When I try to run
primax_scan -v 0xFF -f test.tiff

the scanner turns on some lamp, and starts to move the scanning bar very
slowly, it takes him a few minutes to get these 297 mm of an A4 page.

On stdout it outputs:

Calibration-error or wait for warmup the lamp
Calibration-error or wait for warmup the lamp
Calibration-error or wait for warmup the lamp
Calibration-error or wait for warmup the lamp

I get a small, all blue TIFF which I put here:
http://www.miernik.ctnet.pl/problems/ultrascan300/test.tiff

"primax_scan -l on" outputs:

Looks like a Primax Colorado Direct

It doesn't take the scanning bar back, but anyway it's possible to run
"primax_scan -v 0xFF -f test.tiff" with the scanning bar all the way to
the top, and it gives a blue tiff too.

What can I do to get this scanner working?

--
Miernik             _________________________  ####@####.####
___________________/__ tel: +48888299997 __/      ####@####.####
On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:22:44AM +0200, Miernik wrote:
> model:          UltraScan 300
> central ASIC:   EICI 072100
> ADC:            LM9801CCV
> memory:         EK68512J-15
> line buffer:    7A46 HC04   and?  74HC320
> motor:          62003F
>
> Looks like everything except central ASIC and line buffer is the same as
> in D300.

Sorry, mistake:

s/except central ASIC and/except ADC and/

--