gnupic: gpsim-0.19.2

Subject: gpsim-0.19.2
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 30 May 2000 13:56:55 -0000

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim-0.19.2.tar.gz

This fixes the multi-line stimulus parsing bug noted by Martin. There's still
one outstanding bug here that does have a work-around. In the old versions of
gpsim, you could attach a stimulus to an I/O port using the stimulus
command. For example, here's something straight from help:

gpsim> stimulus sqw period 200 high_time 20 phase 60 port portb 0 end

This won't work. Instead you need to take three steps:

gpsim> stimulus sqw period 200 high_time 20 phase 60 end
gpsim> node test_node
gpsim> attach test_node portb0

I know it sucks - but for now that's the way it's going to be...

If you type a command and get:

***ERROR: parse error, expecting `$'

Then it means I missed one of the commands when I fixed the parsing
bugged. (This is easy for me to fix, and does not cause any problem with the
command being entered - basically it says that the parser doesn't know how to
handle a new line after a command).

modules:
--------

This version also has the beginning of the module interface.
But unfortunately, the modules aren't useful just yet.

Other bug fixes:
---------------

There's also a patch from Paco Moya that fixes two long outstanding bugs -
people have been unable to compile gpsim on Linux distributions other than
RH. It turns out that the new readline library has a bug that prevents it from
being linked with C++ code. The other problems were C++ syntax errors that the
older version of gcc (shipped with RH6.0) does not catch.

gpsim was dumping core when the P16C61 and P16C71 were instantiated.

I'll be out of town for a week starting next week - so there aren't going to be
any major things done by me for a little while. Version 0.20.0 will surface
sometime toward the end of June.

Regards,
Scott