gnupic: New Command to picp

Subject: Re: New Command to picp
From: Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2002 13:25:05 -0000

Em Sex, 2002-12-06 às 00:30, Andrew Pines escreveu:
> I added the flash erase command that Antonio worked out but I don't have any flash parts to test it.
>   If any brave soul would like to try it out, I made a test version which is available here:
>    ftp://ftp.cosmodog.com/outgoing/picp-0.5x.tgz
>
> If it does something horrible I take no responsibility.  Please let me know what it was, though
> (actually let me know how it goes either way).
>
> CHAR_TIMEOUT is still fixed at 1 second so if the command takes longer than a second to execute it
> will report that it failed, even if it didn't.  Since I have no flash devices I have no idea how
> long flash erase takes.

	No, the Flash erase command does it in few miliseconds. See my serial
data spy logs, in my ftp server, they have timestamp:

ftp://projetos.etc.br/Pic_comm_spy.tgz

> Also, is the flash erase command supposed to erase everything - program space, ID's, config, etc.?
> I have it blank checking everything afterward so it will report that it failed if that's not the case.
>
>    -Andrew

	Yes, this command intends to erase ALL THE CHIP, as when it just came
from vendor. Because is the only manner to erase something when the chip
is code protected.

	If you don't remember, my problem was that when you write a program
with picp to a 12F629, even the __CONFIG was CP_OFF, and HEX code you
see CP_OFF, but the chip is protected anyway, denying reprogram after.

	So, this patche is erasing it again, allowing a reprogram operation.

Best regards,

Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
LAX Eletronica e Telecomunicacoes Ltda
gEDA-BR - Users Group - http://gedabr.projetos.etc.br

Chave Publica no Site
www.keyserver.net chave de Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
ou tente pelo ID 5F7C385C, ou pelo link abaixo:

http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5F7C385C&template=netenextract,netennomatch,netenerror

Fingerprint = 10C2 FEF8 0462 A985 E1AF F28C C58E 4BA5 5F7C 385C

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]