gnupic: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set

Subject: Re: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set
From: David ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2010 23:41:54 -0000

gpasm doesn't support the enhanced 14-bit instructions at all. Joseph did send a patch to this list some time ago to support it, but the parser/lexer gave compile warnings and it looked like it might mess up other things, so I didn't pull it into the mainline. Incidentally, the parser/lexer are horrible to work with, so it's no small task to get rid of the warnings, and I'm not doing any work on gputils anymore.

You should be able to patch and compile to get it running. If you need new features from gputils and the patch won't apply anymore, try getting it from SVN, svn update to an older version, apply the patch, and SVN update back to the latest. I know it's a pain, but hopefully it'll get you through.

David