gnupic: Thread: gpsim

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: gpsim
From: Deva Seetharam ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jul 2002 03:43:39 -0000

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 01:37:11AM -0400, Deva Seetharam was heard to remark:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i need to simulate a distributed embedded system that is composed of
> > thousands of pics.
>
> Can't answer your questions, but ... my curiosity is piqued ...
> "MIT Media Labs" .... what are you planning on doing with a thousand
> connected pics?

as you might know, due to the improvements in fabrication technologies,
it is becoming possible to build tiny embedded computing devices that
can be interconnected together to build massively distributed embedded
systems such as sensor networks, building automation systems etc.

(pls. see Embedded, Everywhere: A Research Agenda for Networked Systems of
Embedded Computers (2001).)

the fundamental problem with these systmes is scale complexity. due to
the large number of devices involved, the conventional approach to
networking and programming don't work.

i am developing a new programming language and network protocol for these
systems. i need to demonstrate this language by building a few
application. but, due to time and resource constraints, i am not being
able to build it in hardware.

so, i am trying to show the applications in simulation.

if you are interested in this area, pls. see
0. myriad nets
1. pushpin computers
2. paintable computing
3. amorphous computing