gnupic: Thread: Re: SOLUTION: How to use MPASM generated "cod" files with GPSIM

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [PIC]: SOLUTION: How to use MPASM generated "cod" files with GPSIM
From: Wojtek Zabolotny ####@####.####
Date: 14 Sep 2000 21:45:30 -0000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 11:57:27AM +0200, Wojtek Zabolotny wrote:
> Up to now I did it just with Midnight Commander (F3 to view -> F2 to edit ->
> repeatedly F2 to switch hex/text edit -> F6 to save), but I'm
> considering to write a simple C program or Perl script to make it
> automatically (making chnages "by hand" after each compilation is rather
> boring & tiring).

Well, so this is the C program for automatic modification of DOS-MPASM
generated COD file, so that it can be used by the GPSIM.
I attached the gzipped (to spare the bandwidth) C sources to this message.

There are however some conditions, which must be met:
1. All sources and include files must be in the same directory (and the
   gpsim must be later called from that directory)
2. All sources and include files must be in lower case.

This solution allows for assembling of files with the DOS-MPASM (ran under
DOSEMU) and simulating of programs with GPSIM.

The source requires the "cod.h" included in GPSIM sources.
The program should be compiled with
gcc -o codmpasm codmpasm.c
And run with
codmpasm filename.cod

WARNING! The program modifies the cod file with name given as it's argument.
The original contents gets destroyed.
--
			HTH & Greetings
			Wojciech Zabolotny

When buying any hardware, ask the dealer if it is Open Source friendly!!!
http://www.openhardware.org