gnupic: Thread: gpsim

[<<] [<] Page 3 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: gpsim
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jun 2003 20:10:50 -0000

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:

> On Saturday 07 June 2003 18:39, Craig Franklin ####@####.####
> wrote:
> > I know the rpm was build on 7.3.  It works fine for me on 9.0.
> >

> Isn't it for 7.2 ??
> Also, why there are no new releases of gpsim ??

Because *all* of my free time has been consumed by a project. I expected
this project to end September of last year! But, I *think* it's really
starting to come to close. gpsim and SDCC are both high on my list. gpsim
is at least stable and usable. SDCC is only partially usable.

So I'm not sure on the exact order but these are my goals:

  -- update to a modern Linux distro (I'm running RH7.1)
  -- update my motherboard (400 Mhz is okay, but takes a helluva long
     time to compile gpsim).
  -- fix the (really long list of) bugs in SDCC
  -- expand SDCC's linker support.
  -- expand & fix gpsim stimuli
     o remove deprecated stimuli like the square wave
     o add the usart module
     o create a really usable waveform viewer
  -- Buy a Zaurus
     o Port gpsim to the Zaurus :)

Stay tuned, I'm coming back soon in full force!

Scott