nanogui: Thread: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: [Handhelds] Re: Small open source web browser introduced

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: [Handhelds] Re: Small open source web browser introduced
From: ####@####.#### (Jim Gettys)
Date: 17 Jul 2000 17:15:39 -0000

Keith Packard's been hacking on code to enable the X server to let you
rotate the screen to any of the 4 normal rotations. I've been able to
see that all 4 positions potentially have uses...  (I'd wondered about
upside down, but then realized I could use a IR keyboard pointing at the
IR port on the iPAQ, and the last of the four fell into place).

With an accelerometer (e.g. rock and scroll), we'll be able to do hacks
like have the screen automatically stay upright as you rotate the hardware...
:-)
				- Jim