plustek: Thread: Plustek 9636t and a well known problem

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Plustek 9636t and a well known problem
From: Martin Gorczakowski ####@####.####
Date: 9 Dec 2000 09:11:31 -0000

--

        Martin Gorczakowski

 _____________________________________
| "I wraz z Lindowsem nastał koniec." |
|                                     |
|  Linux registered user #168652      |
|    _____________________________    |
|   /                             \   |
|  /\    ####@####.####   /\  |
| /O \                           /O \ |
|/____\_________________________/____\|

Subject: Re: Plustek 9636t and a well known problem
From: ####@####.#### (G. Jaeger)
Date: 9 Dec 2000 14:28:48 -0000

On Sat, 09 Dec 2000 10:15:33 +0100, Martin Gorczakowski wrote:

>> I compiled san 1.0.3 with the 0.37 sources of the plustek dirver .
>> with make; make install; make load; the module is loaded it recognises my scanner but
>> when i do 'scanimage -L' i get no output in debug mode it`s
>> scanimage -L
>> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of plustek to 12.
>> [plustek] sane_init: sane 1.0.3
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv0<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv0<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv1<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv1<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv2<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv2<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv0<
>> [plustek] sane_init, >/dev/pt_drv0<
>> [plustek] attach_one: >/dev/pt_drv<
>> [plustek] attach (/dev/pt_drv, (nil))
>> [plustek] drvopen()
>> [plustek] ioctl PT_DRV_OPEN_DEVICE failed(-9019)
>> [plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbffff578, 0)
>> [plustek] sane_exit
>>
>> I have acces to the devices (pt_drv) i see it in /proc/pt_drv/
>> I have a plustek configuration   file  and also dll.conf
>> I installed sane in /usr/local/ the conf`s are in /usr/locale/etc/sane.d/
>> I have acces to the drives r/w
>> I got the devices /dev/pt_drv; 0; 1; 2; 3;
>>
>> What to do now ?

Hi,

the -9019 problem signals, that you're using incompatible
versions of the backend (the stuff you're using from SANE)
and the driver itself.
Solution:
Recompile SANE and install it, then the versions should match
and you can use the SANE tools.
I introduced the versions to avoid conflicts when the ioctl interface
changes.

Gerhard

####@####.####

> the -9019 problem signals, that you're using incompatible
> versions of the backend (the stuff you're using from SANE)
> and the driver itself.
> Solution:
> Recompile SANE and install it, then the versions should match
> and you can use the SANE tools.
> I introduced the versions to avoid conflicts when the ioctl interface
> changes.

Sorry but what versions should i use i compiles sane 1.0.3 and the plustek_driver 0.37 so
should
I use san 1.02 and plustek-driver 0.36 or what ?

--

        Martin Gorczakowski

| "I wraz z Lindowsem nasta³ koniec." |