plustek: Thread: USB Test-Version 41_4

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: USB Test-Version 41_4
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Feb 2002 22:59:30 -0000

Hi there,

I've currently put an update of the driver on the drivers'
page (Download section - test-versions!!!).
The major difference is, that more details of the Plustek specific
stuff will be hidden by specifying Model_NOPLUSTEK in the model
entry (see the EPSON entry for example).
Also the register settings for regs 0x26-0x37 (Illumination stuff) can now be
specified in the plustek_devs.c file...

Gene, Reinhard - please try this version with your EPSON. You might have
to take care that the lamp does not hit the scanbed upon moving
backward! In that case, you might have to change the paper-sense
entry (reg 0x58) until it works again...

The settings are from the epson1250.tgz from sourceforge!

Have fun
  Gerhard
On Monday 04 February 2002 05:52 pm, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I've currently put an update of the driver on the drivers'
>page (Download section - test-versions!!!).
>The major difference is, that more details of the Plustek
> specific stuff will be hidden by specifying Model_NOPLUSTEK in
> the model entry (see the EPSON entry for example).
>Also the register settings for regs 0x26-0x37 (Illumination
> stuff) can now be specified in the plustek_devs.c file...
>
>Gene, Reinhard - please try this version with your EPSON. You
> might have to take care that the lamp does not hit the scanbed
> upon moving backward! In that case, you might have to change
> the paper-sense entry (reg 0x58) until it works again...

>The settings are from the epson1250.tgz from sourceforge!
>
>Have fun
>  Gerhard

I see that 1.0.7 final has been released.  This patch goes into
that, or the beta2 version?  I had a heck of a time and finally
gave up making the epson1250 package merge properly with
1.0.7beta2.  I kept getting advisories that the code wasn't
anywhere near ansi C compatible as it bailed out..

Then I saw something about the configure.in being fubar, so that
got canceled TFN.

In the meantime I'm going after 1.0.7 final.

You did get my message that I'd found the lockups I hope, its the
caca laden usb hardware on a TYAN Trinity 100 mobo, it works
without the hangs on the M7VIB hardware.  I gotta find a new home
for this old clunker.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M