plustek: Thread: Canoscan LiDE 20 stripes and bad pic quality

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Canoscan LiDE 20 stripes and bad pic quality
From: Soeren Sonnenburg ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2003 22:28:29 -0000

Hi!

Although the recent 45-TEST drivers seem to work ok with this scanner, I
get pretty poor results in comparison to the windows drivers:

- the image contains vertical stripes
- it seems to be lower resolution
- it is dizzy - not so clear/sharp

I put two windows scanned images (300dpi and 600dpi) and one scanned in
linux (1200dpi - lower resolutions look much worse) on some web address:

Please have a look at this:

http://www.nn7.de/sane/win-300dpi.jpg
http://www.nn7.de/sane/win-600dpi.jpg
http://www.nn7.de/sane/linux-1200dpi.jpg

Any ideas why it looks so bad ?

Best,
Soeren.

On January 14, 2003 17:13, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Although the recent 45-TEST drivers seem to work ok with this scanner, I
> get pretty poor results in comparison to the windows drivers:
>
> - the image contains vertical stripes
> - it seems to be lower resolution
> - it is dizzy - not so clear/sharp
>
> I put two windows scanned images (300dpi and 600dpi) and one scanned in
> linux (1200dpi - lower resolutions look much worse) on some web address:
>
> Please have a look at this:
>
> http://www.nn7.de/sane/win-300dpi.jpg
> http://www.nn7.de/sane/win-600dpi.jpg
> http://www.nn7.de/sane/linux-1200dpi.jpg
>
> Any ideas why it looks so bad ?
>
> Best,
> Soeren.

Yeah, I'm getting similar behaviour on my LIDE20, w/ 45-1-TEST (just got it
all compiled yesterday).

In binary or any gray modes, with previews or full scans, of almost any size
subject, I get the verticle stripes, at least at 200 or 300 dpi (the only
modes tested so far). 8 bit color or high color seem to be fine at those dpi,
but I have to play around with the brightness/contrast in xsane to get decent
results. scanimage without any fancy parameters produces somewhat washed out
scans.

The binary/gray stripes tend to be on the right side, but can cover the whole
image.

This is a "mostly working" driver though, so I'll take what I can get. But,
I'll be happy to narrow things down a bit and see what's reproducible.

Cheers,
Scott

I know that there are still problems on those CanonScan devices.
I'm currently working on that and hope to fix it soon...

Stay tuned guys, maybe one of you may find a solution...
Cheers
  Gerhard