gnupic: gpsim CVS Source Forge problems

Subject: gpsim CVS Source Forge problems
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jun 2000 01:56:31 -0000

Mainly for Ralf...

I've got a bunch of things ready to check in to CVS, but I'm getting time out
errors... Ralf - Have you done any CVS updates lately? If not could you try one?

Changes for CVS:
1) Fixed the rest of those false parse errors
2) Re-wrote the way cli passes stimulus information to the simulator. Before,
the cli would collect all of the information about a stimulus before passing it
to the simulator. Now, as each piece of information is parsed, it's immediately
sent to the simulator. There was no reason to keep an intermediate copy...
3) TMR1 now updates. It turned out that the TMR1 was working correctly, but
would only update its value when it rolled over. And when it rolls over it's
zero. So TMR1 was just staying zero all of the time...

Also for Ralf -
I'm getting an occasional core dump in gui_regwin.c . In activate_sheet_cell(),
this line:

  regnumber = rw->row_to_address[row]+column;

is producing a value of 0xffffff for regnumber when the row and column are
zero. I think what's happening, (but I don't see exactly how) is that the
activate_sheet_cell callback is invoked before row_to_address has been
initialized with the proper data. To fix the problem, I return if regnumber is
too large. I'm not sure if the core dump is specifically related to what I
observed or not...

Scott