gnupic: Re: [gnupic] FW: [PIC] PIC development under Linux with Wine

Subject: Re: [gnupic] FW: [PIC] PIC development under Linux with Wine
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 27 May 2005 10:34:08 +0100

On 27 May 2005, at 10:18, Peter Onion wrote:
> My understanding was that this list is for discussing using the  linux
> tools (gputils/gpsim) not the windows tools?  If you want to talk
> about

I don't think it's so narrowly defined. If you're running the Windows
tools under Linux then at least part of the system is GNU based and
may be of interest to others who are also doing PIC development on
Linux.

> running Windows tools under wine on Linux, then you wouldn't you be
> better off using a wine list (Pun Intended!) where people will be much
> better able to help you with any problems ? And there must be lists
> for
> MPASM as well ?

I would guess that the Wine folks wouldn't be too interested in
learning how to do PIC development on Linux. Of course they would be
the ones to go to if you have find a bug in Wine. I have no idea if
there's a list specifically for the Microchip tools.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/ ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer