gnupic: lcd module

Subject: lcd module
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2000 06:12:11 -0000

As I mentioned briefly the other day, I was going to start working on a
simulated lcd module that can interface to gpsim. You can see a screen
shot and the very first glimpse of the code:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/lcd.html

I only post this stuff to get some feed back. As it stands, it's pretty
damned rough right now.

The goal is to ultimately get the LCD module and gpsim interfaced through
some sort of IPC (inter process communication). I'm still not set on how
this going to be exactly done. The first version will most certainly be a
shared library (hardly ipc, but it's a first step) linked directly to
gpsim.

This version has no provisions for or intentions of supporting IPC. It
only is the gui side of the LCD. I've focused most of my efforts (all 5 or
6 hours) in to making the code somewhat flexible. We all know how many
different variations of LCDs are out there. Hopefully all of the character
types are easily supported with the model that's been created.

Some of the things that have been parameterized are:

size of the display (rows and columns)
size of a character cell
size of the display when drawn on the crt. (The character bitmaps are
scalable).
colors
fonts

Anyway, take a look and tell me what you think.

Scott