gnupic: Re: [gnupic] PK2 resources for beginners who would like to achieve something

Subject: Re: [gnupic] PK2 resources for beginners who would like to achieve something
From: Tamas Rudnai ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 2009 07:23:12 -0000

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:28 AM, Darwin Pintado ####@####.####

> Hi,
>
> I purchased a pk2 programmer 3-years ago and I thought I will be able to
> learn it fast but I wrong. Until now, I haven't programmed it nor did any
> projects. I want to create projects but I can't start I don't know where to
> start if I want to make mechanical based projects.
> I know there were alot of reference by googling but most are complicated
> for
> a starter like me. Can someone point me to the right resources?

You can start somewhere like reading some books and do some very basics like
flashing LED, read a button, write something on LCD etc...
Mikroelectronika's books are quite good for that and is free of charge to
read online:

http://www.mikroe.com/en/books/

After that you will be on the right track to design your own project like a
computer for your bike (if I understood you well you would like to do
something like that?) Of course you can also find an existing project on the
net for this, however, you will not be able to understand what's going on
until you know the foundation.

Tamas
PS: Don't put your programmer for another 3 years onto the shelf you cannot
reach :-)

http://www.mcuhobby.com