gnupic: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set

Subject: Re: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set
From: Marko Kohtala ####@####.####
Date: 3 Apr 2010 18:06:39 -0000

Hi.

I'm not really a maintainer, but I have been slowly working on
changing the tools to work on bytes rather than instructions. This is
necessary for 100% compatibility with MPASM especially in PIC18
code_pack sections.

While at it I changed considerably how you add a new device class.

The changes I've done almost pass all tests (or almost all those tests
that passed before, and some tests that did not pass before as well as
some new tests). There is only some gplink problems remaining. If
someone wants to start work on this new device class, or otherwise
wants to see what I have, I wish he tells me. I'll then take the
effort to either fix the most severe problems and commit to trunk or
commit it into a branch.

Marko