gnupic: Thread: gpsim-0.17.3

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpsim-0.17.3
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 20 Jan 2000 16:11:29 -0000

Mainly for Ralf, but my http logs show about dozen people trying to
download (what was up to now a non-existing) 0.17.3.

Ralf,

I applied your patch to 17.1, merged my 17.2 changes, and now we've got
0.17.3:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim-0.17.3.tar.gz

I removed all of the local references to gtksheet include files. I.e.
what was "../gtksheet/gtksheetxxxxxx" has become <gtksheet/gtksheetxxxxx>.
So in case you haven't already the gtksheet stuff needs to be installed.
For everyone else who wants to try this experimental version, you'll need
to download and install gtk+extra

http://www.ifir.edu.ar/grupos/gtk/src/gtk+extra-0.99.0.tar.gz

The gtk+extra web page is:

http://www.ifir.edu.ar/grupos/gtk/

You'll need to ./configure, make, su, make install just like you do for
gpsim.

eXdbm - I still have eXdbm as part of gpsim. The main reason is that eXdbm
will not build unless it is installed, and it can't be installed until
it's built. I fixed that bug with gpsim distribution.

So after unpacking gpsim you'll need to:

./configure
or if you want to use gdb:
./configure --disable-shared
cd eXdbm
make
su
make install
exit
cd ..
make
make install

I also changed the "eXdbm/included references" to <>.

There's another bug in eXdbm when the initial database is loaded. Right
now you (Ralf) have the configuration file hardcoded to ~/.gpsim , which
is perfectly fine. However, I had a directory with that name and eXdbm
doesn't check whether or not that the file it is opening is a regular file
(or directory or whatever). So I had to delete my ~/.gpsim directory and
let gpsim create a new one.

I think before we release 0.18.0 we oughta make a command line switch
allowing this file to be specified. Also, (probably not for 18) like to
make .gpsim file a directory instead; and in the directory would be found
files for maintaining the gui state, cli state, simulation state, or
whatever. The reason is because I find myself constantly making changes to
my pic source and restarting a gpsim debug session. If I had break points
set from a prior session I'd like to have gpsim automagically reset them
for the next session.

gui changes-
Everyone besides Ralf - check it out! The watch window is really neat. You
can add a register to watch window and do all kinds of cool stuff to it.

I changed the cycle counter to 64 bits in the status window. I got rid of
all of those stagnant menu items. I added a new menu item called
"Windows", but it doesn't do anything.  The intention is to be able to
toggle window visibility from a menu instead of the notebook. (Now that we
save the window state, it's not as necessary to have the notebook). I
added a new 'set gui_update' option to the cli. This will allow the user
to change the rate at which the gui is updated (before it was once every
million cycles or so).

I'm going to hold off from doing any gui changes until I get that watch
window patch you were talking about. I'm going to continue with the 18cxxx
interrupts. I'm also going check out a gdb bt that someone sent me.
(readline is dumping core - I've had more problems with that damn readline
library...)

Scott