gnupic: Thread: gpsim pinout window

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpsim pinout window
From: Ralf Forsberg ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2000 15:10:47 -0000

Hello,

I'm starting coding a gui version of "processor pins"

Here's what I have now: http://www.acc.umu.se/~rfg/pinout.gif.

The arrows will indicate input/output, and pins without
arrows are non-io pins.

But the cli command shows pin names also, and that won't fit here,
unless I put them somewhere outside the pic.

Or is it better to turn the pic 90 degrees and put the names inside
the "casing", like it is in the cli output?

Or a statusbar?

Would colors help in some way?

Pins are toggled by doubleclicking on them. Should I limit input so
that only input pins are toggleable?

Is there a point in having clicks on the arrows change the tris
registers?

 / Ralf
On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 03:59:56PM +0100, Ralf Forsberg wrote:
> I'm starting coding a gui version of "processor pins"
> Here's what I have now: http://www.acc.umu.se/~rfg/pinout.gif.

At first glance, it should be rotated clockwise by 90 degrees.

> The arrows will indicate input/output, and pins without
> arrows are non-io pins.

Presumably that is current state rather than design state?
Sometimes I make a pin change between input and output low.

> But the cli command shows pin names also, and that won't fit here,
> unless I put them somewhere outside the pic.

Have them appear as tooltips?  The most important legend would be
the pin names (e.g. RA4) rather than the package pin numbers.

> Or is it better to turn the pic 90 degrees and put the names inside
> the "casing", like it is in the cli output?
> Or a statusbar?
> Would colors help in some way?

Yes,
	red = high output
	green = low output
	blue = normal input
	yellow = weak pull-up input

> Pins are toggled by doubleclicking on them. Should I limit input so
> that only input pins are toggleable?

No.  I may need to simulate some situations in which an output pin is
being held high or low despite the driver latch not agreeing.

> Is there a point in having clicks on the arrows change the tris
> registers?

Not sure.

Warning: I'm not really sure what the "processor pins" feature does.

--
James Cameron   ####@####.####   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/
It is rotated, has colors and pin names.

>> Or is it better to turn the pic 90 degrees and put the names inside
>> the "casing", like it is in the cli output?
>> Or a statusbar?
>> Would colors help in some way?
>
>Yes,
>	red = high output