gnupic: Thread: gpasm-0.8.3.tar.gz

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpasm-0.8.3.tar.gz
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jan 2000 14:04:24 -0000

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpasm-0.8.3.tar.gz

- added more processors
- fixed install bug - if the directory for the special.inc file is
non-existant, make install will go ahead and create it.

Btw, In developing the 18cxxx support for gpasm I found that I could not
use the 'special.inc' file. Mainly because of the hardcoded references to
the status register. So I came up with a way to support multiple
instruction sets for one processor. We could do away with 'special.inc'
very easily. But I don't want to fix everything that's not broken. Can
anyone provide a good reason one way or the other about whether
'special.inc' should exist?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 07:55:09AM -0600, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> Can anyone provide a good reason one way or the other about whether
> 'special.inc' should exist?

It is plain text documentation, it is exhibited by strace during a run
of gpasm, and users can tailor it without having to rebuild gpasm.

Or maybe I've misunderstood what you plan to do with it?

--
James Cameron   ####@####.####   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/