gnupic: Thread: New stuff

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: New stuff
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jan 2000 15:20:52 -0000

I finally got through hacking gpasm to support the 18cxxx __config
directive...

new code:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpasm-0.8.5.tar.gz
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/vc-0.0.2.tar.gz
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim-0.17.6.tar.gz

I did not make any patch files.

Details:
-------

In order to get gpasm to support the 18cxxx config directive, it needed to
support code generation beyond 64k bytes. Well, okay, it didn't "need" to
- my first stab was a real hack that didn't. But it was really bad. So I
fixed it. In the process, I've given gpasm the ability to support
arbitrary sized code generation (upto a gig I guess). You're still limited
to 64k by the .hex file... I'll fix that later.

There were a couple of bugs in the way .cod file logic was implemented, so
I fixed that. I also had to fix it on the gpsim side. So to be totally
consistent, the latest version of gpsim should be used with the latest
version of gpasm.

The "vc" program is my adaption of Byte Craft's VIEWCODE.PAS program. It's
a utility that will display the contents of a .cod file. You probably
won't need it.

Other changes:

 gpsim now uses getopt() to process command line arguments. For most
   people, this simply means that you can have spaces between an option
   and a file name (e.g. it used to be that .cod files could only be
   specified by -sfilename.cod, now you can still do that or if you
   want specify it like: -s filename.cod.) For Ralf, it means that
   options will get passed onto gtk (I think -- I haven't tested this).

 gpasm - added a few new error messages.

 vc - display 'code ranges' , these are the areas that code is
   defined.

Scott